This is the home for the Varian API book, legacy code examples, Velocity Engine and PyESAPI. There is some addional content in the Wiki.
Varian Developer Support
Current offical developer discussions are hosted in the community section of developer.varian.com.
Varian API Book
Varian Code Samples
Explore code samples from past webinars and workshops here: https://github.com/VarianAPIs/Varian-Code-Samples
Python and C# Velocity Scripting API clients: https://github.com/VarianAPIs/VelocityEngine
Python interface to Eclipse Scripting API: https://github.com/VarianAPIs/PyESAPI
- April 21, 2015: Write it the right way: an Introduction to Scripting by Wayne Keranen, Varian Medical Systems
- June 10, 2015: Eclipse™ Scripting: The UAB Experience by Rex Cardan, PhD, University of Alabama - Birmingham
- April 06, 2017: Eclipse Scripting API: A Guide for Beginners by Lane Hayes, PhD, Cone Health (Greensboro, NC)
- December 13, 2017: Eclipse Scripting Quick Wins Matt Schmidt, Varian Medical Systems
- April 06, 2018: Eclipse Scripting: Introduction to Automation and Visual Scripting by Wayne Keranen, Varian Medical Systems
- September 14, 2018: Dose/Volume Objective Reporting with Clinical Protocols, Scripting and More… by Sean Hames, Varian Medical Systems
- October 16, 2018: Visual Scripting: Building Effective Action Packs by Matt Schmidt, Varian Medical Systems
- November 14, 2018: Digging into DVH by Rex Cardan, PhD, University of Alabama - Birmingham
- Jan 29, 2019: How to Get Started with Scripting for Brachy - A Biological Calculation Example by Carlos Anderson, University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Jan 16, 2020: Application Development Using Eclipse Scripting API by Matthew Schmidt, Washington University
- Jan 24, 2020: Velocity Contouring: Simplified & Automated with Scripting by Sean Kim, Varian Medical Systems
- Mar 5, 2020: Automated Planning with Eclipse Scripting: A Beginners Guide by Lane Hayes, MS DABR, Cone Health
- May 13, 2020: Automating Treatment Planning with RapidPlan Integration using Eclipse Scripting by Jose Teruel, PhD, NYU Langone Health
- Aug 19, 2020: Scripting, RapidPlan, and MCO Utilization: The NYU Langone Experience Peter Milien and Alex Ng, NYU Langone Health
- Aug 20, 2020: Implementing Clinical Constraints Export from ARIA Dynamic Document using ESAPI by Ryan Scheuermann and Brandon Koger, University of Pennsylvania
- Mar 31, 2021: Data Collection and Visualization for TPS Commissioning and Quality Assurance Using the Eclipse Scripting API by Matthew Schmidt, MS, Washington University
- Apr 26, 2021: Planning Automation #1: Eclipse v16.1 Scripting Automation Improvements by Wayne Keranen, Varian
- May 26, 2021: Automation and the Modern Radiotherapy Clinic: RapidPlan, ESAPI, Ethos and more by Kevin Moore, PhD, DABR, University of California, San Diego
- Jun 1, 2021: Planning Automation #2: Data driven optimization of Automated Treatment Planning Templates using ESAPI by Francisco Reynoso, Washington University
- Jun 21, 2021: Planning Automation #3: Scripting CSI in Protons by Rex Cardan, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Jul 13, 2021: Planning Automation #4: Eclipse Scripting with RapidPlan and MCO: A Beginner’s Guide by Lane Hayes, Cone Health
- Aug 3, 2021: Planning Automation #5: Clinical Template Driven Plan Automation with the Eclipse Scripting API by Matt Schmidt, Washington University
- Aug 20, 2021: Planning Automation #6: Dose/Volume Objective Reporting with Clinical Goals, Scripting and More by Sean Hames, Varian
2019+ Updates see developer.varian.com.
02/21/2019 Community driven forum to ask ESAPI developer questions, promote open source code, and engage in discussion involving clinical scripting posted to reddit.com in the ESAPI SubReddit
08/02/2018 Wiki Restored from CodePlex: https://github.com/VarianAPIs/Varian-Code-Samples/wiki
04/04/2018 We’ve moved from CodePlex to GitHub, stay tuned! (CodePlex Archive)
06/29/2017 Quick Start with ESAPIX posted on Youtube.
04/24/2017 Async and await in ESAPI posted on Youtube.
04/24/2017 Unit testing in ESAPI posted on Youtube.
09/08/2016 Updated Export3D. Now it includes separate Bolus export with vertex normals, for 3D printing. Thank you Nathan Smela!
07/21/2016 See Advanced ESAPI #2 on Youtube
03/17/2016 Save the date for Varian Developer Workshop 2016! July 29th & 30th, Washington, D.C.
10/20/2015 See EvilDICOM in ESAPI on Youtube for DICOM file exporting.
10/07/2015 See Advanced ESAPI #1 on Youtube and source code on Oncopeer.com
06/10/2015 Eclipse Scripting REPL (UAB VMS Console) Video and Source Code Posted